The Colorado State University-Pueblo Department of Athletics is committed to providing the very best atmosphere for our student athletes to achieve their goals both on the playing surface and in the classroom.
The staff and coaches continually stress a balanced approach between athletics, academics and personal development to our student athletes. Our athletes only experience college athletics one time and we strive to assist all student athletes in the athletics program to do it right and leave with no regrets. This is "their time".
We truly believe in the "Life in Balance" concept of Division II Athletics and strive to help insure all student athletes at CSU-Pueblo leave the University with great experiences and equipped for success as they pursue their dreams after graduation.
Community Service and Community Engagement events are an important part of the athletics department and student athlete experience. Our student athletes log over 3500 hours of community service and several community engagement events are held on our campus each year to bring the community and University together.
"Developing Champions Through Athletics" is our motto and overall goal. Everything we do in ThunderWolves Athletics is geared to accomplish the motto and program goals.
Athletics is an integral part of Colorado State University-Pueblo and strives to promote and enhance the Mission of the University.
Athletics Mission Statement:
The mission of the CSU-Pueblo Department of Athletics is to develop and maintain a top-quality Division II intercollegiate athletics program that believes in and is committed to the following core values:
- Providing a positive and fulfilling academic and athletic experience for all student-athletes, with full consideration given to their physical, emotional, and social well-being both on and off the playing field.
- Pursuing excellence in both academics and athletics.
- Exhibiting integrity and professional conduct at the highest level.
- Playing a supporting role in the higher education mission, enhancing the sense of community, strengthening the identity of the University, and playing a prominent role in enrollment management.
- Representing the honor and dignity of fair play and the highest standards associated with rules compliance and amateurism.
- Supporting equitable opportunities for all student-athletes and staff, including women and minorities.
- Supporting presidential leadership of the athletics program at the campus, conference, and national levels.
- Creating excitement and enrichment of life for both the campus community and the community at large through the medium of competitive athletic contests.
ATHLETICS DEPARTMENT VISION:
The CSU-Pueblo Athletic Department aspires to become a "leader in athletics excellence." The department is committed to being a positive force for change and growth. The Athletic Department staff is dedicated to leading and inspiring student-athletes to achieve at their highest level on and off the field. Together, as a team, all members of the Athletic Department, including administrators, coaches, players and auxiliary staff, serve as catalysts to enrich the athletic and educational experiences of the CSU-Pueblo campus community and the community at large.
THE "BIG 5" IN CSU-PUEBLO ATHLETICS:
*Number One Goal...
2. CLASS ACT
*On/Off the Field...
3. GIVE THE GAME THE BEST YOU HAVE!
*Seize the Moment...
4. GIVE SOMETHING BACK!
*In the Pueblo Community...
*For your Sport...
*In your hometown...
5. TAKE SOMETHING WITH YOU!
*Beyond the Game...
Creating a First Class Game Environment
VIEW THE CSU-PUEBLO GAME ENVIRONMENT "YELLOW CARD"
It is the goal of CSU-Pueblo Athletics to create a "Game Environment" which will allow for fair competition between the competing athletes, provide exciting entertainment for fans in an atmosphere that all can enjoy (students, adult and youth fans), and one in which the athletes and coaches display (home teams/coaches in particular) a high level of sportsmanship.
The safety and treatment of athletes, officials and fans need to be of a high priority in game management procedures.
CSU-Pueblo wants its home students and fans to help create a great home court/field advantage for our competing student-athletes, however we will not condone abusive language or actions toward opposing student-athletes, fans and officials.
NCAA Division II Game Environment campaign
CSU-PUEBLO ATHLETICS PYRAMID OF SUCCESS:
Success as a citizen cannot be accomplished merely through athletic success. The mission of CSU-Pueblo Athletics is to create good citizens, not just good athletes.
It all begins with the desire to be great, both on and off the field of play.
Second, an individual must maintain that desire through committment and the willingness for self-improvement, both on the field and in the classroom.
That leads to the accomplishment of goals, both academically and professionally, that leads to the ultiimate goal: becoming a productive citizen.