PUEBLO, Colo. (October 4, 2018) – For the first time in nearly three weeks, Colorado State University-Pueblo Volleyball will take the court at Massari Arena when they host University of Colorado Colorado Springs Friday at 7 p.m. The ThunderWolves will also host No. 22 Colorado School of Mines Saturday at 3 p.m.
Friday's match will be the Pack it with the Pack game. ThunderWolves student-athletes will flock to Massari Arena to support the volleyball team against their Steel & Silver Trophy rivals, UCCS.
- The Pack brings a 4-14 record into the weekend. CSU-Pueblo sits two matches back of the final Rocky Mountain Athletic Conference tournament spot. They are 2-7 in RMAC play.
- The ThunderWolves are the least blocked team in the RMAC. Opponents average just 1.58 blocks per set against the Pack.
- Page Heller (Jr., Vancouver, Wash.) ranks third in the RMAC with 5.13 digs per set. With 328 digs in 2018, Heller is just 40 digs away from the 10th-highest single-season total in team history. Her 5.13 digs per set would set a school record.
- Brooke Schilling (So., Platteville, Colo.) averaged 3.71 kills per set during the Pack's road trip to Adams State University and Fort Lewis College. She ranks second on the Pack with 2.86 kills per set. Schilling's 0.31 aces per set places her seventh in the RMAC. Her 20 aces are third-most in the conference.
- Grace Hern (Fr., Omaha, Neb.) ranks seventh in the RMAC with 9.07 assists per set. She is just 10 assists shy of 400 for the season.
- Berkley Hays (Fr., Dallas, Texas) leads the ThunderWolves with 0.74 blocks per set. Hays also leads Pack hitters with a .259 hitting percentage.
- Sarah Vang (Jr., Parker, Colo.) has a team-high 2.91 kills per set. CSU-Pueblo ranks third in the RMAC with 16.27 digs per set.
- The Mountain Lions are tied for sixth in the RMAC with a 5-4 conference record. UCCS stands 7-10 overall. They have won five of their last six matches.
- UCCS leads the all-time series 30-26. They won both matches last year. The Pack last beat the Mountain Lions in five sets, Oct. 1, 2016.
- Raelynn Edge ranks third in the RMAC with 11.04 assists per set. Alyssa Brinton leads the Mountain Lions with 3.16 kills per set.
Scouting Colorado School of Mines:
- The Orediggers are ranked No. 22 in the American Volleyball Coaches Association poll. They are undefeated in RMAC play with a conference-best 9-0 record. The Orediggers stand 15-2 overall.
- CSU-Pueblo leads the all-time series with the Orediggers 34-26. However, the Orediggers have won the last eight meetings. The Pack last beat Mines Sept. 15, 2011.
- The Orediggers lead the RMAC in every offensive category. They average 13.89 kills per set, 13.12 assists per set, and a RMAC best .254 hitting percentage. All of these rank in the top 25 nationally.
– 30 –
As a member of the Rocky Mountain Athletic Conference, Colorado State University – Pueblo competes in 22 varsity sports in NCAA Division II intercollegiate athletics