PUEBLO, Colo. (May 3, 2018) – Colorado State University-Pueblo Baseball will play their final home series of 2018 when they host Adams State University in a pair of doubleheaders Friday and Saturday. The Pack and Grizzlies will start the series Friday at 1 p.m. at Runyon Field. They will play the second game of the doubleheader Friday at 7:05 p.m. for the 14th annual Pack the Park game. CSU-Pueblo and Adams State will meet in a doubleheader Saturday starting at 1 p.m.
Friday night's game will be the 14th annual Pack the Park game. The ThunderWolves will hold a free youth clinic before the game starting at 5 p.m. Registration for the Pack the Park youth clinic is closed. There will also be drawing for fabulous prizes throughout the game. Prizes include TVs, an apple watch, a Samsung S8 tablet, and more. All fans will receive a ticket for the drawing and admission to the Pack the Park game is free.
- This weekend will be the last home appearance for 12 Pack seniors. Jake Boyd, Jordyn Compehos, Chris Devery, Nate Dominguez, Jorge Duarte, Tanner Fuhrmann, Zach Hoffman, Danny Honorof, Ryan Laydon Jason Lighthall, Ambrose Romero, and Mason Telander will all be honored in a ceremony before the Pack The Park game.
- The ThunderWolves are excited to return home after two weeks on the road. They are 19-6 at home with a .760 winning percentage. The Pack has won its last nine games at Rawlings Field.
- CSU-Pueblo ranks eighth in D-II with 19 triples. Hoffman (South Jordan, Utah) is a big part of this with seven triples in 2018. He leads the RMAC in triples. Hoffman's 14 career triples rank sixth in RMAC history. He is one triple shy of tying Tony Wittmus' school record.
- Gilbert Sauceda (Jr., Indio, Calif.) ranks fourth in the D-II with 45 walks on the season. His 45 bases on balls stand as the ninth-highest single-season total in conference history. Sauceda leads the rest of the RMAC by nine walks. He sits eight walks away from the RMAC's single-season record. Sauceda's 108 career walks are fourth-most in RMAC history. With 1.02 bases on balls per game, Sauceda ranks second in the nation. His .494 on base percentage, ranks third in the RMAC.
- Boyd (Salt Lake City, Utah) batted .643 in the Pack's last series at UCCS. He hit three doubles and two triples. Boyd ranks third in the RMAC with four triples this season. The second baseman has seven stolen bases in 2018, ninth-most in the RMAC.
- Romero (Albuquerque, N.M.) ranks fifth in the RMAC with a .473 on base percentage. His 31 walks stand sixth-most in the RMAC.
- Dakota Popham (Jr., Colorado Springs, Colo.) leads the RMAC with 19 doubles. Popham stands 14th in D-II in doubles. The Pack's third baseman leads the team with a .392 average, ninth-best among qualified hitters.
- Fuhrmann (Flagstaff, Ariz.)has hit 14 doubles, eighth most in the RMAC. The shortstop has a .989 fielding percentage this season.
- Honorof (Riverside, Calif.) ranks eighth among RMAC starters with a 4.53 ERA. Last time Honorof faced the Grizzlies, he earned RMAC and NCBWA Regional Pitcher of the Week honors with seven shutout innings.
- Lighthall (Littleton, Colo.) has the 10th-best ERA in the RMAC at 4.68. He has tossed a team-best 59.2 innings this season.
- Laydon tossed 2.1 scoreless against the Mountain Lions. Laydon struck five of the seven Mountain Lions he faced.
– 30 –
As a member of the Rocky Mountain Athletic Conference, Colorado State University – Pueblo competes in 22 varsity sports in NCAA Division II intercollegiate athletics